Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Best Maine Roofing Company for Asphalt Shingle Installation & Repair
When it comes to asphalt shingle roofers in Midcoast and central Maine, we are committed to providing communities including Yarmouth, Bath, Auburn, Falmouth, Lewiston, and more with the best local asphalt shingle roofing installations or repairs you’ll find.
We’ll be right there with you, helping with every step along the way, including deciding which type and color of asphalt shingles are right for your Maine residential roof project. We use only the highest-quality asphalt shingles and every member of our team is a professional roofing contractor. Our goal is to make you feel both thrilled and happy once you’re at home and protected by both quality materials and workmanship.
Asphalt shingle roofing is an affordable option for protecting your Maine residential roof and home. When it comes to the products used for asphalt roofing services, we will work with you to choose the best quality asphalt roofing shingles available, and for the right price. Color is important, too, and we enjoy working with clients to figure out what will make their residential roof both beautiful and strong.
Types of Asphalt Shingles Residential Roof Repair, Restoration & Installation
When it comes to asphalt shingles, there are many different products on the market. Here at Summit Exteriors, we go only with the best. Types of asphalt shingles to consider include three-tab, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.Here is how they stack up:
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: The most common roofing material used in central and Midcoast Maine, these are cost-effective, as well as easy-to-maintain, lightweight, and have energy-efficient qualities. They can last on your residential roof for up to 20 years.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: These energy-efficient residential roof shingles are even more durable and waterproof than typical asphalt shingles. Architectural asphalt shingles are laminated with additional layers of asphalt and are bonded with an asphalt sealant, giving them a more substantial look. These can seriously improve the value of your home and can last on your residential roof in Maine for up to 50 years.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: Still much more affordable than other kinds of residential roofing materials, premium asphalt shingles are made to look like high-end slate and/or cedar roofing. They look so good on your residential roof here in Maine, but are still much cheaper, and can last up to XX years.
Now that we’ve covered the three types of asphalt shingles most asphalt roofing companies use, here’s a look at what’s in them:
- Fiberglass Shingles: Made with woven fiberglass, asphalt shingles are also given an asphalt coating and ceramic granules are used on top. Together, these roofing materials components are waterproof, UV-resistant asphalt shingles. They are also extremely lightweight and thin due to less asphalt being used in their construction.
- Organic Mat-Based Shingles: These asphalt shingles are slightly more costly than regular fiberglass shingles, but they are also quality, and it shows. Rugged and flexible, organic mat-based asphalt shingles are more heavy and thick than other roofing services products. They are also slightly less fire resistant than other options and can be susceptible to warping if not installed correctly, but you won’t have to worry about that with us.
Let’s Break It Down: The Pros & Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Maine
There are so many quality choices when it comes to choosing roofing materials for your residential roof project. Here’s a look at a few of the factors to consider that might help you when choosing asphalt shingle roofers. Also, feel free to contact us any time with questions or to request a free estimate for your roof repair, restoration, or installation job. Here’s what to expect with different types of asphalt shingle roofing products!
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Pros:
- Asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing materials in Maine due to their effectiveness and durability.
- For a homeowner on a budget, asphalt shingles are highly recommended.
- Asphalt shingle roofs, even in Maine, will last for years with proper residential roof installation and maintenance.
- Asphalt shingles come in a wide variety of colors, from neutral to brown, gray, and more noticeable colors like blue and polychromatic hues. We will help you pick the right one for your residential roof.
- We can even help you choose roofing materials for Maine that emulate wood or slate. The effect is the same, but the price is much more affordable for Maine homeowners.
- Asphalt shingle roof repair is a very manageable job. When possible, Maine roofing contractors are able to install new shingles on top of existing shingles on your roof, as long as there aren’t more than two layers of shingles already in place and the roof deck itself is in solid condition.
- In general, asphalt shingle roofing can and should provide up to 20 years of protecting your home.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Cons:
- Asphalt shingle roofs aren’t very environmentally friendly. They are not recyclable because the process releases potentially harmful emissions.
- Asphalt shingles will not last as long as other types of roofing materials, which means more materials in a landfill over the life of your home.
- Asphalt shingles work, but are very dependent on the climate in which they exist. Here in central and Midcoast Maine, the elements can, and will be, harsh.
- Extreme weather conditions and extreme temperatures, whether heat in the summer or cold in the frigid Maine winter, may cause cracks and warping over time, but a good asphalt shingle installation will extend the life of your Maine residential roof.
So, the positives and negatives of an asphalt shingle roof can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, all of which our team of local Maine roofing contractors will work through with you. Our goal is to get the right roof on your home and we do it right so that it won’t need to be replaced until it’s time. Ready to talk about your asphalt shingle roof repair and/or installation? We are ready to help!
Great company. Professional and Reliable. Would definitely recommend and use again.
very reliable, honest and great work !!
Pleasure to work with, quick and reliable.